Thursday, April 28, 2011

For the First Time...

...I'm posting a card before the challenge begins!

Last week my Fall Tree card was chosen among the Top Three in Raise the Bar Challenge and I got an assignement - my very first one - for this week!
The theme is "We Shell" and the card should have a beach theme.

Here's my card:

This lovely shell is a digi stamp from Whimsie Doodles which I colored with my watercolor pencils (and glitter all around the shell...!).
Following the idea of the beach, I wanted to use these colors which remind me of the sand. I bought this card a few days ago and I thought it was perfect for this project. Papers are all from DCWV.

Once I decided the colors I had to decide how to assemble the card and I used this week's sketch from Sweet Sketch Wednesday. It was simple and clean and I could use all the papers I wanted to be part of this card.

Thus, I will enter this card in Sweet Sketch Wednesday Challenge # 99.

I'm so excited for my assignment! Fingers crossed that my card is good enough!

This Challenge starts tomorrow, have a look at all the other wonderful creations!



10 comments:

  1. Oh my - look at those eyes - I love this image!! Totally cute! Congrats on winning, totally deserved! Thanks so much for playing at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the sweetest image. I love how you have added the button. It is such a nice contrast. I love your take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, now how adorable is that!!! Love that image!! Now I can't wait for our beach vacation!! Such an adorable card! Thanks for joining us at SSW.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me ready for the beach! Very cute and the papers are just perfect. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute image--and you have made it really stand out wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! This image is super cute! I love the sparkle & fab job with the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us this week @ Sweet Sketch Wesnesday :)

    Genevieve SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute image I do love it, such pretty pastal colours and I love your background paper it looks like sand. Great job, thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday, and don't forget to join us next week for our Blog Hop and celebrating our 100th Sketch.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet image. I love your beach teamed card. Thanks for playing along @SSW!!! Arlana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how sweet this image is and how cute you have it colored. Great card with your papers and take with the sketch. Thanks for sharing and joining us this week at SSW!

    Hugs
    Jackie - SSW DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Monica this is terrific! I love the sweet image you've used here and the coloring with pencils has such a soft pastel effect. Your papers in the background almost look like sand! Thanks for sharing this with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday! Please return next week for our 100th sketch celebration and blog hop!
    Sharon, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete