Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Wednesday again?

Two of my favorite challenges are on Wednesday and it seems to me that I'm always here writing posts about the new cards for those challenges...

Let's start with the first one:

This card is made following this sketch:

When I saw the sketch and had a look at the Challenge sponsor of the week I immediately decided that the tree was perfect for this sketch.
I have lots of digis but no, I couldn't change my mind: I had to have that tree and make a fall card with yellows, oranges and dark greens.

But let's start from the beginning.

The digi is from Clear Dollar Stamps and the papers I used are from DCWV (orange) and an old Sizzix stack (checks).
The tree was printed on white paper and that's probably the reason why I'm not completely satisfied with the finished card, it's not exactly the card I had in mind. I distressed the border and the papers with distress ink but the digi was already colored and I was afraid to ruin it completely and did not dare to touch it.
Everything is colored with watercolor pencils and some of the leaves are glued with 3D dots.

The challenges I'm entering this card are the following ones:
Sweet Sketch Wednesday Challenge # 97 where the sketch comes from
and
Raise the Bar Challenge # 62 where the theme is "Tree-mendous"

In these last years I've understood that I'm a fall person: it's my favorite season of the year. Of course, I do love spring and summer: I love hot weather, the long days, holidays, the summer fruit and everything but my soul is in fall that is at her best. I wish I could write a better English to explain my feelings in a clearer way!

I'll surely be back later for another post!

9 comments:

  1. Ohhh Monica, this card is fabulous. I just love how you poped ou little leaves. The image just come to life. YOur card gave me the warmest feeling all over when I saw it. Beautifully done!!
    Hugs, Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love the leaves! I am a winter person - I love the cold (strange but true)! Thanks so much for playing at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Monica, I just love your card, it reminds me of a card I made which is some where on my blog of a Scarecrow and all the Autumn leaves around it I think I punched 21 leaves all in Autumn colours. Love love the colours you've used great job. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a fan of the fall season, too, and your tree is such a lovely portrayal of that season! Thanks for playing along with us at Raise the Bar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love your fall card. I love how you poped the leaves. Such sweet warm colors. Arlana @ SSW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monica, your card is absolutely gorgeous! Perfect papers with your sweet image. Thanks so much for joining with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card Monica! I love how you added such dimension by popping the leaves on your tree. Such pretty colors. Thanks for playing with us again at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
    Sharon, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card I love the Autumn colours
    thank you so much for playing at Raise the Bar this week
    Love Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I just love all things Fall, so this color palette makes me SMILE! :0) What a great 3D effect to layer the leaves. Thank you so much for joining in on our Tree-Mendous challenge this week at Raise The Bar!
    ~*Joni RTB DT

    ReplyDelete