Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Lovely Stamp

The fact that neglected stash are a common theme in Challenges helps me feeling not too guilty when I discover some neglected - and forgotten - treasures in my stash...

When I discovered that Tina Wenke had released some clear stamps through Stampavie I felt so excited! I've always loved her cute characters since I bought some clip-art kits at pcCrafter years and years ago. I've used them mainly in the colored version to make cards and tags but a few weeks ago I realized that there was a black and white version too.

And I had my own Tina Wenke stamps!

Unfortunately, not all the kits have black and white images so my possibilities are reduced but at least I could try my hands on coloring them and maybe I'll buy some clear stamps in the next future.

I colored two images and yesterday I finally had some time to make a card with one of them . Then I had a look around to see if it could fit any challenge and - lucky me - I can enter it in 4 of them.

But let's start with the card:


I wanted to make a very pretty feminine card with a friend in mind and I added the most feminine embellishments: a lovely (and neglected) floral paper from Me and My Big Ideas I bought years ago, my new paper flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts, two hearts punched from glittered paper and again this lovely ribbon bought at my local haberdashery. And, of course, glitter and pearls...

I'm entering this card in the following Challenges:
Paper Sundaes Challenge # 63: they want to see Spring Blossoms
Pollycraft Monday Challenge # 87: the challenge is to use an old or neglected stamp/image
Karen Doodles Challenge: where the theme is Fancy and Feminine

I think I'll keep it under my eyes for a while before storing it safely in my card box!

P.S.: most of the cards I feature in my blog will be available in my Etsy shop but it may take a while before I list them. If you are interested in a card, send me a convo through my Etsy shop (see button on the right) or through the blog and I'll list it for you.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, cute as a button
    Thanks for joining us on Karen's Doodles
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, very cute!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
    Happy Crafting, Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card,such a cute image....thanks for joining us this week at Pollycraft.

    Take care
    San x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet! The soft papers are perfect for spring!
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    Hugs
    Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete