Saturday, October 25, 2014

Yellow for Valentine's Day.

Good morning!
Here I am today with a totally unexpected post to show you a card I made yesterday.
It was so healthy to change my focus, to use yellow and to think about something different from Christmas!
 
I was inspired by the challenge over at Paper Smooches: it's a very simple Anything Goes challenge but I wanted to enter a card and, having only a couple of their stamps, it was a real mission.
 
I actually had an idea in mind using one of their digis but it didn't work so I decided to use one of the stamps from the Falling for You set trying something new.
 
This is my card:
 
 
I wanted to monsters to look at each other but, while this is possible with digi stamps, it's not with clear stamps.
I decided to try and stamp one monster on the back of my paper, trace the outline on the right side of the paper and then color it and cut it.
And now I have a monster boy and a monster girl!
And a Valentine card!
I know yellow it's not a typical color for Valentines but it's not the first time I use it, maybe I love the happiness of yellow and the happiness of love.
 
Before turning back to my Christmas cards, I'd like to enter the following challenges:
 
 
 
Aud Sentiments Challenge # 118: 2 or 3 Word Sentiment


7 comments:

  1. I think it's a wonderful card, Cute loving monsters and great colors. Thanks for entering it into PartyTime Tuesdays Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is just so cute! Thank you so much for playing at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO much fun!!!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adorable!. Very pretty design. Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!! I LOVE this to pieces!! =) THANKS so MUCH for playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenges and have a Fabulous Week!! =) I hope you'll join us again!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fab card ,love the vibrant colours and sweet monsters
    Thanks for joining us at Auds sentiments designs and good luck in the challenges .
    lalkygirl x

    ReplyDelete