Saturday, February 5, 2011

Cows...

A couple of years ago I had a fantastic sweet Customer in my eBay shop who loved cows: she started buying some of my best selling cow plaques and we ended up being friends in some ways. She ordered customised pieces (with cows of course) and she told me something about her life and her love for these funny farm animals.
She was always cheerful, nice and full of enthusiasm, we talked to each other on the phone and we also planned to meet sooner or later.
The last time I heard about her she was recovering from a serious illness then... nothing. I tried to contact her but I never got an answer and I saw from her eBay feedbacks that she stopped buying. I've always been worried that something bad could have happened and everytime I paint a cow I think about her.

A few days ago I discovered a new (for me) Challenge Blog with a lovely theme: "Old Macdonald had a Farm", perfect for my card using Bugaboo cow with sunflower digi:

I wanted colors matching the sunflower, so I chose oranges and yellows both for the card and the papers (all from DCWV) and added matching flowers,a ribbon and a simple sentiment.

I will enter this card in the following Challenges:

and of course I couldn't miss this week's
Bugaboo Catch the Bug Challenge which says "Anything goes".

And I dedicate this card to my sweet Customer, wherever she might be. It's been a pleasure to meet you and paint for you.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, cute card. Love the bright colours. I feel sad you lost contact with your friend. Thanks for playing at Cupcake this week, hopefully we will see you again. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is adorable! Thanks for playing along with us at Catch the Bug and good luck!

    ReplyDelete