Monday, February 21, 2011

Spring flowers...

It started as a very dark and rainy day and I was even more depressed because I had to clean the house.
Then, it turned out to be a sunny day and this made me happy and gave me the input to make a spring card.

I wanted to enter my beloved Sweet Sketch Wednesday Challenge: after I won the Grand Prize last week I wanted to enter a card this week too, even if I have lots of things to do which do not include cards...

But I've managed to make this and, once back from school, my daughter wanted to play by herself and I managed to color another couple of digis and hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to finish some more cards. There were so many interesting challenges this week and I'm so sad I cannot enter them and enjoy the fun!

Anyway, this was the sketch this week:

The sponsor is DigiStamp Boutique and I've used one of their digis to make this card:


I've used a white card, then I added a DCWV pastel green paper, a digi paper with small flowers which I found years and years ago somewhere I don't remember and another digi paper with white dots from Pink Petticoat. The digi is colored with watercolor pencils, I added some yellow glitter to it and some pearls here and there on the card.
The ribbon with flowers is another buy I made many years ago and I don't remember the brand.

I'm entering this card in the DigStamp Boutique monthly competition, too.

Fresh spring colors and a flower: spring come quickly!

7 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love the nice soft colors with this DigiStamp Boutique image - the perfect card! Thanks so much for playing at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Monica, I love the simplicity of your card. Your soft pastel colors are just perfect.
    Nancy SSW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Monica, great card love your colours and very cute embellishments very pretty.
    Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Monica, I love your soft colors and the sweet embelishents. Hope you have a sweet day!!!
    Arlana@SSW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Monica, what a gorgeous card. You've coloured the image perfectly and I love your papers. Thanks for joining in the monthly competition over at DigiStamp Boutique. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your soft colors! A fabulous Just Because Card!
    Judi SSW DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your grand prize win last week! This is a sweet card with fresh spring-like colors. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
    Sharon-DT

    ReplyDelete