Sunday, February 6, 2011

Am I too Late?

It's been tough but my new card is ready!

When I read the theme for the Incy Wincy Challenge this week I decided not to enter for I thought I had no digi with a monkey on it. Then, looking through my files, I found a super-cute monkey and started thinking about entering the challenge.
When I made the Top Three I decided I had to enter and started printing and coloring my monkey.

This morning I woke up late, very late (I never sleep until late in the morning, I love to wake up early when everybody is still sleeping) and after my coffee I switched the computer on and had a look at the various Challenges I had planned to enter this week and... Gosh! I had just 4 hours to make my monkey card. It was colored but I still had no idea of the way I could assemble it.
It's been quite easy, the biggest problem was to find a funny sentiment and - being not English - it's been even more difficult.

But I'm done and here's my card:
This funny monkey was a freebie from Dustin Pike and in the original digi it was collecting leaves but I thought it was perfect to fill the basket with hearts.
I used watercolor pencils as usual and a card and patterned papers from DCWV. I found the brad (Making Memories) while digging in my stash: I bought a set of them years ago: it makes me feel good to be able to use somemthing so old because my temptation is always to save something I like for any future need...

Well, better hurry up and enter the card to the Challenges (yes, I've discovered that the theme can be suitable for some other challenges!).


Fingers crossed that I'm still in time to enter my card!

5 comments:

  1. Great card love the way you have changed the leaves for hearts. Thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy this week & good luck.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Fantastic colouring.
    Thank you for joining us at CCT! :)
    Hugs
    Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for playing along at Incy Wincy .
    Hope to see you again

    Heather and the DT
    Vanilla Hevn (my blog)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monica, Im so glad that you made your card on time! This monkey has captured my heart ;)

    Thanks for playing along at Raise the Bar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, it made me laugh.
    Thanks for joining us at Do It With Digi's this time, hope to see you again for the next challenge.
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete