Friday, February 11, 2011

Something Different for Something New!

Today I've something different to show you and I'm very excited because I managed to create something different, experimenting something new and I was a bit afraid but I did it!

The reason for this change is that I've discovered a new challenge, an Italian challenge, and the request was to create something stamped but not a card.
And I have a set of fabulous stamps I bought last year which I love but which were still in my stash unused.

Here's what I created:
A small little manilla notebook!
I stamped this adorable typewriter from Lawn Fawn directly on the cover and I was so worried I could stamp it wrongly! Then I added some black and silver paints here and there, glued the letters and the rhinestone heart. I embellished it with a lovely ribbon and a button. I also tried to add some shadow around the right side of the typewriter by scrubbing some distress ink: I kept my brush light, I was too afraid to ruin everything!

Being not a card, this project will be entered in Timbroscrapmania Challenge # 19 which says "No Cards".

Having used a Lawn Fawn Stamp, I'm also entering it in the Lawnscaping Challenge # 3 which says "All About Love".

They are both new Challenges for me and I'm thrilled to add them to my list!

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you have joined us at Lawnscaping! We are thrilled to have you participate. Your project is SUPER cute! Perfect image and layout for your altered notebook! I love how you glued the individual letters on the typewriter paper, too! SUPER cute! Thank you so much for playing along with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, now that's a project you should be proud of! What a fantastic notebook, and a really great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for the delay! Your block is very nice! Thanks for joining us at TSM Challenge!

    ReplyDelete