Sunday, February 20, 2011

Another Hambo Challenge

It's a dark rainy Sunday and I've just finished a card with a summer feel.
This week Challenge at Hambo Hoedown says "Let's Take a Trip to the Beach" and they gave us a fabulous digi with a pelican eating fish.
We had to use shades of blue, brown and tan and make a beach themed card.
It's funny how things work when you make cards or handcrafted items: you start thinking about Halloween and Fall in June, about Christmas in July and August when the sun shines, it's hot and winter colors and weather are really out of one's mind.
I love Christmas but I never dream about dark cold winter days while I always dream about summer, so it's been a pleasure to think something beachy today..

Here's my card:
This pelican is so cute with its fish in the mouth!

I thought about adding some little shells I collected on the beach last week but I'm not ready to see them on a card!


3 comments:

  1. Adorable little clipboard! Thanks so much for playing in the Hoedown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That clipboard totally makes me smile. ADORABLE entry, thanks for playing with us at the Hoedown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun and festive card! It makes me want to go to the beach! Cute clip adds a great touch. Thanks for playing with us at the Hoedown!

    ReplyDelete