Monday, February 7, 2011

I've Been a Busy Bee!

Good morning!
A new week has just started, sun is shining even if it's only 8.20 am and I'm ready for some other Challenge!
I don't like Mondays at all, mainly because it's the day I clean the house but it also means that everything goes back to its place after the weekend and this helps me when I have to start.
My daughter still at home, I let her sleep until late so I have some time to write a post.

Last week, I managed to assemble a card for one of my favorite Challenges: it took me more time to choose the papers and the overall look and assemble it than painting the digi.
I decided to go for a lilac card: I was looking through my stash of papers to find an idea when I came across these lilac papers. I had only little pieces but they were digital papers so... voilĂ  I printed some more!

First of all, here's the card:
The card was bought somewhere I don't remember many years ago while the plain and patterned papers (roses) are from Pink Petticoat. I can't remember where the dotted paper comes from.
I glued some matching paper flowers and embellished them with buttons. The digi is a freebie from Meljen's Designs and I colored it with watercolor pencils.

I'm entering this card in three Challenges:
Sweet Sketch Wednesday # 87: they gave us the following sketch
And they have Meljen's Design as sponsor!

Then, I'm entering Papertake Weekly Challenge: the theme is "Anything Goes + flowers".

And finally, Daring Cardmakers which says Flowers For February - Violet and Primrose.

That's all for today, a few minutes to browse through my favorite stores and then...

9 comments:

  1. What a pretty card.
    Thanks for taking part in this week's February's Flowers of the Month challenge fromThe Daring Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your little lavender card! Don't you just love Meljen's Images. You colored him so perfectly! Thanks for joining us at SSW!
    Judi SSW DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is very pretty just love your colours of your design papers. Your image is just so so cute and great embellishments too cute.
    Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-Design Team
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love lavender. One of my favorite colors. I love the little button centers to your flowers. Such a sweet card and darling image. Thanks for joining us this week.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so pretty! The purple is the perfect choice in colors for this card. Thanks so much for playing at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very pretty card - Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a happy little card and the colors are just beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so beautiful in these pretty lilac colors - Thanks for joining us at SSW, good luck as it is a very sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love your sweet digis and the lavender are just so pretty. Arlana@SSW!!!

    ReplyDelete