Thursday, February 10, 2011

Let's Go Yellow!

As I anticipated yesterday, I have a new card to show you today: it's a Valentine card again but I decided to make it yellow!
The theme at the Pennyblack Saturday Challenge this week is: "Love is..." and finish the phrase. I wanted to make a card for my husband for our anniversary and I loved this stamp from Pennyblack so I stamped two, with the idea to make two identical cards, one for him and one for the Challenge and the shop. The only difference is in the sentiment, for I wrote Happy Anniversary (in Italian of course) in my husband's.

So, here's the card:
This time I started by painting the stamp and I wanted a bright color for the umbrella, so I chose yellow and from this starting point the card took its shape.
I used glitter for the snow and for the ribbons and dots in the gifts.
With my husband in mind I finished the phrase with "YOU"...

This card is perfect for a couple of other lovely Challenges:
The first is Sir Stampalot Challenge where the theme is "All Creatures Great and Small"

The second is A Spoonfull of Sugar Challenge where the theme is "Let's See Some Love"

My daughter approved, what do you think?

8 comments:

  1. So sweet, love the bright colours. Thanks for playing along at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovelycard and this looks fab in yellow, thanks for joining us at PBSC
    Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is gorgeous, beautiful cute image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute card......thanks for joining in the fun this week at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab Entry, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, Good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card - so cute! Thanks for joining in the animal antics at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable! The lovely bright colours are so cheerful.
    Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card

    Thanks for joining us at sir stampalot this month and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete