Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Pretty Handbag.

Those who know me very well know that I have an affair with handbags.
Most women buy shoes I buy bags and totes.
I love shoes but I prefer to walk comfortably and safe and without pain in my feet so I buy them of course but not so many.
But I buy bags. Especially in summer, I have lots of them with stripes, flowers, spots...
In winter I prefer to wear an old messenger bag because it's more practical and with those heavy jackets and scarves and hats at least the bag is not in my hands but in summer it's another story...
I even bought a couple of bags (one made to order) in a lovely Esty shop in Australia!

For this reason, when last June I saw a set of cards made like a pretty feminine handbag I had to buy it. I actually didn't know how to decorate them until a couple of days ago.
This week Bugaboo Catch the Bug Challenge asked for a different kind of fold and I started thinking about my handbag card and yesterday I made it:
I even managed to add a paper doily, which seems to be the latest trend, and a lovely red flower. And of course I used a lot of glitter, rhinestones for the earrings and pearls for the bracelet.
Such a trendy girl!

I could never wear those shoes the heel being too high for me but I COULD wear all those shopping bags...!

3 comments:

  1. Your handbag card is adorable...and Dottie looks sooo cute on it!! Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug this week!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is more than pretty - It's downright gorgeous! I love red & turquoise together, and I love Dottie!!! Great project! Thanks so much for participating in Catch the Bug’s A Different Kind of Fold challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! :D MWAH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Fantastic job with the image. Thanks for joining in with us at Catch the Bug and our 'Different Fold' challenge
    TFS
    Paul
    http://www.craftyblogocks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete