Saturday, February 12, 2011

Is It Christmas Yet?

Last week I finally discovered that was I hoped for really existed...

I was wondering why there were no Christmas-themed Challenges all year around, so that I had an excuse to  make Christmas cards (I love Christmas, you know it) even in February, March, April...
And last week I finally discovered there was one: a two-weeks challenge! Perfect! I could make a card every two weeks and I'll end up to have a good stash for the shop and - hopefully - for friends and family too!

So I made this card:
I painted this lovely Pennyblack stamp with my watercolor pencils and kept the design simple because the theme of the ABC Christmas Challenge was "C is for Clean and Simple". The light greens and creams give me an idea of fresh and clean, but also a bit of snow and winter.
They also gave a sketch to follow:

With my surprise, I discovered some more Christmas-themed challenges but I added just one to my list: it's Jingle Belles. A part from the lovely name, they state the following:
OUR MISSION: to make a new christmas card each & every week of 2011, thus avoiding holiday mayhem. won't you JOIN US?!
Couldn't I say no???
This Challenge runs weekly so hopefully I should be able to make at least 6 Christmas card/month and this isn't too bad...
This week they ask for "No Red" and luckily enough I have an absolutely no-red card ready to enter it!

I'm also planning to have a secret drawer somewhere in my studio were I'll hide the cards until the next Holiday Season, so that I don't see them everyday and I'll still be surprised when I see them!

10 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Welcome to Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh! that card is just TOTALLY ♥ADORABLE♥!!! a great version of the ABC sketch...AND...a fabulous "no red, she said" entry as well! (awesome combo!) ♥

    ps: we're sooooooo pleased you found us at JINGLE BELLES and that you're joining in on our "MISSION"...it's going to be a really fun year, i think! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you found us ... and are ready to join our Mission (and have a lot of fun too) ... absolutely adorable holiday card ... I love the bird perched on top of the tree. thanks so much for joining us on our jingle belles journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER, SUPER, awesomely "sweet" image! The color combo you chose is so soft and lovely. Really FABULOUS!! Thank you so much for joining us and can't wait to see you again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwww! This is SO sweeeeet :) I love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGOSH soooo darling!! Love that image! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely coloured image you have used. Love the dp too. On your entry on our challenge blog you have posted it back to our challenge blog (if you know what I mean) but luckily I managed to find you through Googling your blog name!

    Thanks for joining in with us on ABC Christmas Challenge

    Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes... I found you thanks to the comment you left on the challenge blog:-)! Your card is so pretty! I love the image and soft colours you have used! Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute card,love the sweet image. Isn't it great to do Christmas cards all year through !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cute card, I love the image you chose. I'm glad I participate with Jingle Belles too, I can't wait to see just how many cards I'll end up with!

    ReplyDelete